Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Missing My Sis...


The thought of giving our family a good life propelled my only sister to face up to the challenges of working abroad. She is an OFW just like my father. Coming from a close-knit family, I admit having suffered from loneliness in the beginning when she decided to leave the country.

Before she left for Singapore, she made a Powerpoint presentation entitled, “The Story of My Life – Evolution.” It’s a collection of my pictures from childhood up to present. It’s hilarious as I view myself evolving from an ugly duckling into a fair lady, with the help of science.

There are times that I really miss her especially when I’m strolling in the mall. I can’t forget her little surprises on my birthdays. She is also gutsy in posing like a sexy star and singing like a diva.

However, almost every weekend, she finds time to call us. There’s a delight in my heart whenever I can hear her voice. Upon hearing her contagious laughter, my longing is instantly replaced with joy.

No comments: