Saturday, May 24, 2008

Real Sacrifice


I've never been a parent and I don't know if I'll be called to be one but I'm blessed to be cared for by two caring individuals entrusted by God in bringing me into this world. These special people are "My Nanay and Tatay."

As what they have done to us, my parents would be an epitome of what real sacrifice is all about. They chose to be away from each other in order to give us a comfortable life. For more than 25 years, my father is still working in Riyadh while my mother is solely looking after us. They continue to add value to our lives and to the lives of other people.

I'm thankful for the material comfort they've provided us, but I'm more thankful for the good values they've passed on us. Their unconditional love keeps on empowering us - to live a meaningful life.

No comments: