Thursday, May 29, 2008

Susan Roces or Alicia Alonzo?


Nope! She's not Susan Roces or Alicia Alonzo, two of the great actresses of Philippine cinema in the 60s. The sophisticated-looking woman is none other than my mother.

She is not the touchy-feely type. Believe it or not, I haven't heard her saying "I love you" to any one of us. But you'll be amazed on the tales of other people, how she fondly talks about her children. Her concern is always our future. Magnanimous is the best adjective to describe her.

One of her best traits is being a good cook. In our home, we're not obliged to do household chores so we have the luxury to enjoy a longer sleep during weekend. But we'll hurriedly get out of bed upon hearing mom - calling each of us by name and announcing, "it's time to eat."

There were several instances that I was mistaken as my mom and received comment like "Charie is not getting older." It's funny but it brightened up my day because my mother is a lovely woman. To look like her is the best compliment I've been receiving these days.

It's my pleasure honoring my mother on this special day. We're privileged to be entrusted under her care.

Happy Birthday Nanay!

No comments: