Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend Duty....


It’s Sunday but I have to wake up as early as 5:30. Hurriedly, I got out of my bed, took a bath, fixed myself and left for work.

Now, I’m on board again. It’s quite boring but it’s less stressful. There’s no traffic on my way to work. I’m not harassed in answering calls because volume is normally light during weekend. In fact, I have the luxury of time to do other things while I’m on duty. I can pluck my eyebrows. I can chat with my officemates. I can listen to my favorite radio station. I can read. I can brush up my vocabulary. I can take a nap. I can text my friends. I can write for my blog. I can even meditate.

Yes, I may be deprived of the time to relax at home and bond with my family. However, I’m lucky because I’ll be paid for a one-day work with less pressure but more time to do my personal stuff. Isn’t it a combination of work and play?

No comments: